Quality Manager (208255) Automotive / Machining / Metal Mfg / Molding / Forging
Q. Are you struggling with high scrap costs? Problems with on-time PPAPs? IATF Certification? Rework costs? Then you know and understand the real cost of a poor quality program$$$$$
A. You need a Quality Manager who can lead from the front, get systems in place and stay in front of the challenges. Well, guess what?!!! WE GOT A GUY!
- Transitioned company to IATF 16949 compliance within 4 months
- Obtained IATF 16949 Certification with 0 Major Non-Conformances
- Authored IATF 16949 Quality Manual, Supplier Quality Manager, and Procedures
- Manage Quality Engineers (100% on-time corrective action submissions and 100% on-time PPAP submissions)
- Developed and facilitate scrap reduction program meetings (reduced scrap by 48% from FY2018)
- Negotiate PPM and delivery scores (0 product above customer ppm target)
- Responsible for supporting OEM automotive customers, including part failure analysis, containment, and traceability.
- Manage all aspects of new product (PPAP) development and launches.
- Supervise Quality Technicians and Engineers.
- Reduced scrap from $87,266 in the 2012 2nd quarter to $58,333 in the 2013 1st quarter through scrap reduction objectives.
- Reduced sorting cost by 25% from the previous year ($100,000 to less than $75,000)
- Improved supplier performance from 840 PPM to 22 PPM.
- Implemented 5S program for the Quality Department and will implement it plant-wide.
- Implemented production audit program reducing non-conformances 20% for all departments.
- Responsible for the new product (PPAP) launches for Honda, Nissan, Subaru, Ford, and Unisia.
- Evaluated and reduced cycle times in machining areas (improved cycle times by 25%).
- Automotive OEMs
- Machining Operations
- Molding Operations
- Metal Manufacturing
- Assembly Operations
- Powdered Metal
- Machining Operations
- Heat Treat Operations
- Cold Forging Operations
- Rolling Operations
- Coating Operations
- Bachelor of Science in Management Indiana Wesleyan University Marion, IN
Skills and Achievements
- Assisted Japanese parent company in developing QS9000 compliant forms and procedures and completing PPAPs.
- Received Company Presidential Award in recognition for extraordinary efforts.
- Received Indiana State Quality Improvement Award.