Production Manager (187740)
Experienced as a Business Unit Manager and Production Manager, this results-oriented Manufacturing Professional with 20+ years’ experience in manufacturing is in the market! He is highly skilled in lean manufacturing practices involving PPAP (new product launch), JIT, GMP, Kanban, Kaizen, Problem Solving, Counter Measures, SPC, SMED, TPM, Standard Work, and Visual Factory/5S applications. History includes Automotive and Injection molding
Reach out now to improve your operations with this exceptional Manufacturing Leader. Call Butch at 724 814 3791 or email email@example.com
Masters of Science in Business Management
Bachelor of Science in Sociology
Six Sigma Green Belt
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access
- SPC charting for yields and process flow analysisMRP Systems – SAP, AS 400, Shop Edge, and JD Edwards
- TPM/Error Proofing/Kaizen/Value Stream Mapping/ Standard Work/Problem Solving/SMED/ISO 9000 & 16949 hands-on experience
- 8D/PPAP/APQP/FMEA experience in the automotive industry
- 99% OTD over the last 5 years
- Lead and coordinate all lean training (SMED, TPM, 5’s, Intro to lean, problem-solving).
- QDC/Changeover – 35% improvement on OEE availability combining multiple work centers (presses), using dance charts and spaghetti layouts to establish the most efficient layout of the combined presses to reduce wasted movement and to help with the overall layout to establish 5’s standards that can be sustained through audits.
- Responsible for all day-to-day operations that pertain to GMP’s, Gemba Walks, TMP’s, safety (OSHA), and quality aspects that guide production activities.
- Helped develop a crucial part of the TPM System by integrating PM’s that could be performed by the associates during operating hours
- This improved overall OEE availability by 40% over a 6-month trial period and then from there on going forward.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations in maintenance that include PM’s and other scheduled work.
- Fill in for the Plant Manager in absentia and perform P&L duties along with other leadership roles that require reporting to the Director of Manufacturing.
- Brainstorming was used to help establish affinity charts along with fishbone diagrams to determine the root cause of problems along the way of developing standard work and work center layout and 5’s disciplines.
- Through process/continuous improvement, that I facilitated with hourly employees, on-time shipping was improved from 50% to 98%
- Held and led a kaizen improving on-time delivery from 50% to 98% over a one-year period by implementing a barcode /scanning system using handheld scanners and laying out the warehouse so that FIFO could be sustained.
- Worked with Engineering Department and hourly personnel to combine a fin mill and tube mill machine for better efficiency in reducing labor.
- Through the implementation of Visual Factory applications, successfully improved the workflow, saving $400,000 annually.