Quality Manager (188933) BSEE, Green Belt, Red X Journeyman
Are you ready to RAISE THE QUALITY BAR in your manufacturing organization? If so, then let us introduce you to a highly-motivated Quality Leader with 20 years of vendor management experience in the automotive, aerospace, and defense industry. This Quality Leader is a Money Maker and Problem Solver. He is an Electrical Engineer; is a Certified Six Sigma Green Belt; is a Certified Red X Journeyman, is a Certified ISO Lead Auditor and has a Statistical Journeyman Certification. He has led global quality teams across multiple plants and has performed as a Global Launch Manager for GM truck programs for 7 plants. He also has international experience with an assignment in China.
He is skilled in leading C-suite executives within Fortune 500 companies to achieve world-class performance metrics through strategic and tactical methods and the results prove it. He has a long track record of success, no matter what industry you put him in and his experience covers most types of manufacturing operations.
You now have the opportunity to raise the bar on your manufacturing organization and put this extreme Quality Talent to work for you as he s actively searching for a new leadership role and is willing to relocate.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Butch at 724 814 3791 to set up a conversation!
• Led a team of quality engineering, quality control supervisors and inspectors providing on-going technical / operational guidance for leading designer and manufacturer of specialty valves, filters, and advanced fluid control products for critical missions for defense market.
• Led 4 quality engineers, 2 quality control supervisors, and 24 inspectors across 4 business units while driving cost of poor-quality reduction initiatives.
• We had a high number of customer escapes for Fuel Contactor Detection parts we provided to Boeing, our largest customer.
o A significant portion of the returns were undocumented and deemed as “no-fault found” after being returned and tested at our facility.
o I developed a cross-functional team that included engineering, operations, and quality engineers from both companies.
o The corrective actions spanned from manufacturing improvements to design fixes based on learnings of how our product performed in its application.
o We began to create Pareto charts, and standard work attacking the top 3 confirmed failures through 5 why, fishbone analyses and 8D methodologies to ultimately significantly reduce customer escapes by 50%.
• Responsible for multi-million dollar annual spend while leading a team of 7 buyers driving cost reduction initiatives with 300 suppliers.
• Certified ISO 9000 Lead Auditor ensuring vendor compliance to regulations and standards.
• Reduced and sustained key supplier defects by more than 75% in 9 months.
• Managed Product Line Managers for braking systems and module commodities for 50 manufacturing plants in North and South America.
• Reduced supplier defects by 20% in less than 6 months.
• Developed and executed cost reduction initiative in supply base of over 2500 suppliers.
• Responsible for launch readiness for all 7 full-size truck plants U.S. wide producing over 1.7 million vehicles per year.
• Supervised supplier quality engineers responsible for electrical components across all truck and car programs through the Advanced Product Quality Procedure (APQP).
• Launched the 1st ever Hybrid SUV Tahoe
• Managed supplier scorecards and new part approvals.
• Achieved over $250,000.00 in annual cost savings exceeding metrics by 150%
• Led dozens of global companies through deadline-based timelines from ground-breaking sites to up-and-running operational facilities with staff and equipment to scale for high volume automotive parts.
• Achieved $10M annual savings for implementation of GPS antenna solution for OnStar system.
• Supervised local Chinese supplier quality engineers supporting global vehicle launches and managing new Asia Pacific supply base.
• Quality Team Leadership (35)
• 13 years in Automotive
• 11 years in Aerospace and Defense
• OEM Manufacturing
• Tier 1 & 2 Supplier
• Stamping Operations
• Casting Operations
• Assembly Operations
• Welding Operations
• Heat Treat Operations
• Packaging Assembly
• Coating / Painting Operations
• Injection Molding Operations
• Blow Molding Operations
• Electronics Manufacturing
• Automotive Lighting
• Printed Circuit Boards / PCB
• Vendor Offsite Supplier Quality
• Supplier Validation / Qualification
• Using Quality Database Systems
• Quality Management Experience
• Shop Floor Process Quality
• Quality Training Experience
• Total Quality Management (TQM)
• Setting Up Quality Systems from Scratch
• Reducing Manufacturing Cycle Time
• Reducing Scrap
• Optimizing Manufacturing Processes
• De-bottlenecking Processes
• Implementing Continuous improvement
• New production line startup
• Reducing WIP Inventory
• Using CMM Equipment
• Leading Kaizen Events
• Working with Lean Teams
• Leading Six Sigma Teams
• Troubleshooting Root Cause
• Statistical Investigations
• Conducting Trial Fit / Function
• VAVE Projects
• PPAP / APQP
• GM QSB+
• ISO Auditing
• Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering – University of Prairie View A&M, Prairie View, TX
• Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
• Certified Red X Journeyman
• Statistical Journeyman Certification