VP Supply Chain (183349)
Getting things to where they go when they are needed is the beating heart of a manufacturing operation! Supply Chain can make or break your company.
We are working with a candidate that has 20+ years of delivering the key leadership, strategies, and vision to take manufacturing and supply chain operations to new levels of performance. He is a Mechanical Engineer with a Six Sigma Master Black Belt and an MBA. He excels at building world-class operations that position companies as disruptive forces within their markets. He is highly skilled at using VAVE progams and costing methods to improve products and processes across the board. He is a continuous improvement champion drawn to new technologies, innovative processes, and best practices which is evident in his impressive track record
Move quickly before he is snapped up! Call Butch @ 714 814 3791 or email@example.com for an introduction!
• Applied Should Cost modeling to help us reduce the payback on new programs 18 months to 6 months or less.
• Increased overall operating margin of 10% and EBIT 13.6% vs. 6% goal since joining the company.
o Reducing inventory by $3M,
o Decreasing working capital an additional $3M over the past year.
• Additionally, slashed inventory variance $5M month over month
• Continue to deliver an average 28% increase in revenue year over year with enhanced reliability in meeting VOC and chemical component limits
• Increased distribution center operational efficiency from 50% to 88% while reducing labor costs.
• Envisioned and spearheaded multiple fleet optimization initiatives and enhancements
o Delivered $2M in cost savings across logistics fleet.
• Successfully reduced wasteful overtime spending
o Saved $20M+ in unnecessary costs annually.
• Instituted a series of improvements within supply chain operations that captured $4M in savings within the first year, while simultaneously increasing on-time delivery.
• Ran VAVE projects on seat assembly processes to remove inefficiencies.
• Eliminated some component assembly by moving it to the supply chain.
• Orchestrated a series of highly successful cost out, capacity expansion, and lead time reduction initiatives that cut supply chain/purchasing spending by $9.5M.
Slashed inventory 50% across multiple facilities
o Launched a series of ODM-focused strategic programs that delivered over $10M in Manufacturing Value Add (MVA) cost reductions within the first year.
• Increased utilization of manufacturing floor space by 13%; 125,000 sq. ft. to 110,500 sq. ft., through the implementation of Lean Manufacturing Concepts
• Implemented VAVE processes from scratch at this acquisition business.
o Identified VAVE project ideas with engineering
o Created cross-functional teams that included R&D, procurement, manufacturing, engineering, and VOC
• Earned Master Black Best
• Eliminated 55% of post-production scrap and reduced average PPM’s from 32,000/month to under 7,000/month, within 8 months
• Implementing VA/VE Programs from Scratch –
• Managing Programs Across the Organization Using Influence
• Developing VA/VE Training
• Training Teams On VA/VE or Design to Value
• Identifying Design to Value Projects
• Managing Multiple VA/VE Projects
• VA/VE Idea Generation/Brainstorming
• Leading Cross-Functional Teams
• Leading Engineering Teams
• Tracking Metrics Ensure Timeline / Results
• Project Management Experience
• Product Launch Experience
• Program Management Experience
• Coordinating Projects with Multiple Departments / Locations
• Should Cost Methods
• Cost Analysis/Optimization
• NPD (New Product Development) Stage-Gate process
• Facilitate DFMA (Design for Manufacture & Assembly) Analysis
• Kano Model Analysis
• Change Management
• Staff Training & Development
• Cross-Functional Coordination
• MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) IN MANAGEMENT & OPERATIONS Texas State University, San Marcos, TX
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Michigan Technological University, Houghton, MI
• Six Sigma Master Black Belt