Distribution Warehouse Operations Director (205236) Black Belt / Multi-location / TS16949 Certified
Murfreesboro TN Distribution Warehouse Operations Manager with 20+ years’ experience exceeding business goals, and facilitating achievement. He is a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt who has put this to good use by improving warehouse operations to deliver millions in cost savings, inventory reductions, and process improvements! He is responsible for 2.8M sq/ft of warehouse space across multiple facilities supporting major operations. He has implemented automation into facility processes which have reduced operation footprints and shipping times. He is skilled in ERP systems and Warehouse Management Systems.
• Collaborative leadership to leverage employee talent.
• KPI driven manager while routinely exceeding monthly, quarterly, and annual objectives.
• 20 + years of experience in high-volume manufacturing/distribution environments.
• Hands-on, results-oriented manager.
• Excellent communication skills. Utilizing oral, written, and presentation formats.
• Highly effective in identifying and solving diverse operational issues.
• Effective Leader within a highly diverse culture
• Responsible for 3 facilities in TN (600k sq/ft), PA (1.2M sq/ft) and Canada (1.5M sq/ft)
• Implemented automation/robotics into our TN location from scratch.
o Upgraded WMS
o Projected ROI was 15 months. We realized it in 10 months.
o We drastically improved our Click to Ship which was 18 to 24 hours and reduced it down to 6 hours
o We have since implemented Kshuttle automation into PA and CA operations.
• Oversee merchandise preparation for new store openings and merchandise deliveries.
• Established operations processes for startup DC needs in TN, PA, and Canada.
• Operations leader for Inbound, Outbound, and Returns across 4 Distribution Centers during times of attrition, or operational challenges.
• We were running Forecast Ordering and we were having space constraints with our Outbound/ Shipping Process TN
o As a result of Kanbans we changed to Consumption-Based Ordering
o Revamped Pack station layouts
o We moved everything to Just In Time
o This resulted in Forecast ordering savings $2.5M in TN
o We have since implemented to all operations
• Ran Kanbans on pick lines as part of a Six Sigma project.
o Implemented Six Sigma Principals
o Went to a pack after the order process
o These actions resulted in reducing the footprint for finished goods by 50%
• Profit & Loss Responsibility
• Contract Negotiations
• Implementing/Auditing Supply Chain Metrics
• Managing / Reporting KPIs
• Using Visual Feedback Systems
• Supporting Manufacturing Operations
• ERP Systems – Manhattan, Red Prairie
• Logistics Management
• Warehouse Management Systems WMS – KIVA, Carry Pick
• Managing Distribution Centers
• Managing Multi-State Warehouses – TN, Canada, PA
• Managing Fulfillment Centers
• Implementing Warehouse Automation – Automated Guided Vehicles Ground up
• Holding Kanbans
• Inventory Management / Planning
• Process Improvement
• Account Management
• Marketing Strategy
• Business Planning
• Reducing WIP Inventory
• Establishes Best Practices For Materials Management
• Developing SOPs
• Implements Continuous Improvement
• Holding Kaizen Events –
• Implementing Lean Into Supply Chain
• Procurement & Supply Chain Management
• Mentoring / Developing Direct Reports
• Team Leadership – 300
• Employee Development
• Performance Improvements
• Cross-Functional Team Management
• Project Management
• Critical Thinker
• People Leader
• Effective Communicator
Education and Training
• Criminal Justice – Associate of Sciences UCSD San Diego, CA
• Lean Six Sigma Certification (Black Belt) – Lavergne, TN
• ISO 9000 / TS16949 Certification – Lavergne, TN
• MOS School Military Police Officers Training – Camp Lejeune
• Marine Corps Non – Commissioned Officers Course – Camp Lejeune, NC