President, CEO, COO, VP (134651) Automotive Tier 1, 2, Industrial Mfg. / Multiple Business Unit Leadership / MBA, BSME, Green Belt / Multi-Lingual
John Wayne once said, “It ain’t bragging if you done it!” We are pleased to present a Manufacturing Leader that has “DONE IT”! He has a progressive history of successes in Engineering, Sales-Marketing, Product Management, Plant Management, and Global Business Unit Management. Although this introduction seems too good to be true, IT IS NOT. He has achieved an exceptional history of accomplishment in the Industrial and Automotive markets. This eclectic mix of technical expertise, business, and sales/marketing acumen has enabled him to deliver impressive results in EBIT, Sales, Margins, Manufacturing Processes, and Supply Chain for some notable industry leaders like Prestolite, Eaton, and Kennametal! He speaks French, German, Japanese, and English.
He is currently employed as the COO for a Private Equity automotive Tier 1,2 manufacturing company. He has completed the acquisitions of 4 companies. He turned around a struggling business unit. He is interested in confidentially exploring new leadership opportunities where he can put his impressive skill set to work in a Senior Leadership role. His results are in a word….. IMPRESSIVE! This makes him a very strong candidate for any manufacturing company looking to achieve increased profits/sales and improved operational efficiencies. He is willing to relocate. His notable experience includes:
• Completed the acquisition and integration of 4 businesses resulting in doubling the sales revenue
o Increased profitability by 8 – 10 points by leveraging synergies and supply chain efficiencies
o Achieving an EBITDA level of over 20%, driving the business to the next level, and setting it up for sale.
• Manage the global operations of 5 manufacturing sites, strategic planning, marketing, sales, human resources, operations, engineering, quality, purchasing, and finance.
• Achieved a 40% increase in overall operational efficiency (parts per hour) while achieving a 30% reduction in inventory.
• Increased sales by double digits (20%), increased profitability to achieve a 12% EBITDA, turning around the business.
• Achieved a 15% growth rate while increasing EBIT by 18% t
• Executed an B2C industrial E-commerce distribution strategy driving industrial sales growth by 12%.
• Turned around the largest revenue business segment from losing market share by identifying and addressing key process bottlenecks, increasing overall service levels, driving culture change to implement lean best in class business practices to grow both sales and profits.
• Managed production locations to attain the greatest global profitability (three in North American, two in Europe, and one in China).
• Grew sales by 17% while reducing inventory levels by 66%,
• Increased margins by 10%, and increased EBIT from 8% to 13%.
• Reduced product processes and material costs by 3% annually
• Diminished product lead-times from 30 days to fewer than 5 days
• Increased machine utilization from 70% to 90%
• Reduced energy consumption by 10% per year
• Reduced quality levels from 500 PPM to 0 PPM,
• Increased sales for the Engineered Products Group from $145M to $230M within two years.
• Mitigated a 300% increase in raw material costs
• Generated over 45% of sales from new products
• Integrated ten business units into one custom-focused group.
• Established marginal product segments through price increases or product changes.
• Launched a manufacturing plant in Tianjin, China
• Negotiated and won long-term contracts with Ford, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, and GM.
• Reduced product costs by 5% per year through VA/VE analysis.
• Drove on-time performance from 60% to 99%
• Increased margins by 20%
• Reduced quote turnaround time by 66%
• Launched an aftermarket product line to attain a 30% sales growth to the aftermarket
• Increased exports by 300%.
- Automotive Manufacturing / Aftermarket Experience
- Industrial Manufacturing
- International Operations Management
- Turning Around Failing Operations–
- Negotiating / Winning Contracts with Ford, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Yamaha and GM.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Multi-Location Operations Management
- Improving EBIT Performance
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Increasing Margins
- Exiting Non-Profitable Business
- Leading Unionized Workforce
- Implementing Lean Manufacturing
- Improving Product Delivery
- Product Management
- Automotive, Industrial, Energy, Aerospace, Defense, And Medical Markets
- Sales / Marketing Team Management
- E-commerce Technology and Security
- Creating Targeted Marketing Plans
- E-commerce Site Development
- Web Marketing Strategies
- Managing Pricing / Discounts
- Sales Quote / Lead Management and Follow-up
- Master of Business Administration:
- Bachelor of Science: Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Arts: Mathematics
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
- Socratic Selling Skills Training – Prestolite
- Certified Sales Executive (CSE) – Prestolite
- English, French, German & Japanese