Global VAVE Director (164773) PhD Master Black Belt / Mechanical Engineer
We are excited to be confidentially working with a Leader who is currently employed as the Global VAVE Manager for a multinational manufacturing conglomerate. He has a Ph.D. in Business Administration, a Masters in Global Leadership, and a Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering. He is also a Six Sigma Master Blackbelt. He describes himself as a catalyst within Organizational Change Management who understands the process required empathy and buy-in from top-level management down.
He is a skilled trainer and facilitator of DtV and VAVE. He is managing hundreds of projects in his current role and delivered $63M in cost savings despite COVID interruptions to the multiple Business Units he supports. He already has 300+ projects in the current pipeline. This team leader/player/organizer checks all the right boxes and has an impressive track record. His broad expertise in Product & Project Management, Manufacturing, and DtV, VAVE Engineering make him a “Game-Changing Candidate. His exceptional experience includes:
• Drive, Lead, and Advocate the VA/VE workshops in support of 7 Global Business Units.
• Ran 75+ VAVE projects last year
• Delivered $63M in cost savings for FY20. COVID impacted results to date due to manufacturing shutdowns and order cutbacks.
• 300+ projects were identified amongst multiple global BUs for this year
• Instructor and Mentor for both the Supply Chain Management and Six Sigma Certifications.
• Created Six Sigma Programs for both Green and Black Belt Certificates.
• Developed and championed 2-3 years in Product Strategic Roadmaps Planning.
• Created Design to Value / VAVE program from scratch.
• Implemented manager training initially and then trained others as a process.
• Facilitated 10 Design to Value projects.
• Champion in bridging every department to achieve the common goal that touches the project, Stakeholders, Sales, Engineering, Design, Customer Service, QA, Operations, etc.
• Developed the 1st UL certified products for the US market to meet certification and customer demands for the US parking garage markets.
• Improved the overall quality and testing processes.
• Achieved 50% time to market improvement.
• Achieved Six Sigma Master Black Belt.
• Generates feasibility studies for projects
• Recent VAVE projects resulted in:
o Achieved 30 to 40% cost reductions
o Improved manufacturing process
o Performed should cost analysis
o Worked with suppliers and improved value positions and implemented new technologies
• Ph.D. Business Administration
• Masters of Global Leadership and Management
• Bachelor of Science: Mechanical Engineering
• Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Professional
Visionary Leadership | Change Catalyst | Management by Influence.
• Strong Product & Project Management skills in meeting and exceeding stakeholders’ expectations.
• Strong Engineering skills in Mechanical, Manufacturing, VAVE, & Product Designing.
• Ability to work across business units/geographies, cultural sensitivity.
• Creating VAVE Programs from Scratch
• Managing by Influence
• Developing VAVE Training
• Training Teams on VAVE or Design to Value
• Identifying Design to Value Projects
• Including Suppliers on VAVE Projects
• VAVE Idea Generation
• VAVE Product Development
• Leading Cross-Functional Teams
• Selecting Project Champions
• Tracking Metrics to Ensure Timeline / Results
• Project Management Experience
• Product Launch Experience
• Coordinating Projects with Multiple Departments / Locations
• Cost Analysis/Optimization
• Using Design to Value Tools
• Leading Benchmarking Events
• Components Selection for Evaluation
• Developing Customer Insights
• Cost Improvement Without Compromising Product/Process
• Using Should Cost Techniques
• Leveraging Supplier Input / Relationships
• Developing Design Insights
• Developing Manufacturing Insights
• Developing Supply Insights
• Leveraging Spend across Business Units
• Using Focus Groups
• Competitor Feature Comparison
• Using Lifecycle Cost Analysis
• Using Competitor Teardowns
• NPD (New Product Development) Stage-Gate process
• Managing NPD Projects Start to Finish
• Kano Model Analysis
• Using Value Stream Analysis on a Project
• Make/Buy Analysis