EHS Manager (196640) COSM, COSS / Multi-site Manufacturing
Confidential Environmental and Safety Manager with 20+ years of experience in facilitating safety and environmental compliance at multiple site locations for chemical, steel, and manufacturing operations. He has a Bachelors’s in Biology and is a Certified Occupational Safety Manager (COSM) and a Certified Occupational Safety Specialist (COSS). He also has significant plant operations experience in heavy industry.
He has exceeded the industry average safety and environmental performance while creating a sound working environment. He is experienced in permitting on state and federal levels. He is a skilled negotiator who builds strong relationships with regulatory agencies to come into compliance and successfully eliminate and avoid fines.
• Extensive success negotiating regulatory, permitting and enforcement matters.
o Successfully improved relationships with agencies after we took over the contracts.
o Eliminated all environmental fines.
o Successfully handled potential violations with underground storage projects.
• I had full responsibility for leading the EHS and Worker’s Compensation functions in the North American Region.
• Responsible for Safety and Environmental regulation compliance for four locations with over 900 employees.
• Decreased the number of total lost workdays by 42%.
• Decreased the number of incidents with lost workdays by 50%.
• Supervised the Wastewater Treatment Facility.
• Chemical Plant Operations
• Machining Operations
• Heavy Industrial Manufacturing
• Foundry Operations
• Manufacturing Plants
• Construction Operations
• Warehouse Operations
• Liaison With State / Federal
• Negotiating Regulatory, Permitting and Enforcement Matters
• State / Federal Reporting
• Union and Non-Union Environments
• Reducing Recordables
• Administering MSDS program
• Air Permitting Compliance
• Permitting Modifications
• Change Management
• Chemical Inventory program
• Design Of Plans / Programs
• Emergency Response
• Environmental Compliance
• EPA / State / Local Government regulations
• Hazardous Waste Management
• HAZCOM / HAZMAT / HAZWOPER
• Identifying compliance gaps
• Internal Audits
• ISO14001 standards
• Managing Exposure Programs
• NPDES permits
• State agency reporting
• Title V Emissions
• TSCA (Toxic Substances Control Act) regulations
• Product Regulatory Information
• Hazardous Waste Management
• Remediation Projects
• MACT Standards
• Clean Air Act Permitting CAA
• OSHA Recordkeeping
• Investigating Accidents
• Maintaining Safety Records / Metrics
• Organizing / Scheduling Safety Meetings
• Conducting PHA Audits
• Lockout / Tagout Procedures
• Root Cause Analysis
• Confined Space Safety Standards
• Safety Management Information Systems
• Industrial Hygiene
• Investigating H&S incidents
• Ensuring OSHA Standards
• Developing Safety Training Programs
• Working with State Agencies
• Safety Audits
• Behavior Based Safety
• Process Safety
• Worker’s Compensation
• Near Miss Documentation
• Job hazard Analysis
• Coordinating Fall Protection Program
• Respirator Training
• S.T.O.P. Safety Training Operators Program
• Take Two for Safety Training
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS / TRAINING
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology
• Certified Occupational Safety Manager COSM
• Certified Occupational Safety Specialist COSS
• Forklift Train the Trainer
• ANSUL Fire School
• Additional Professional Activities
• Board of Directors, Globe Run RGC
• Certified Red Cross Instructor
• 40-hour HAZWOPER training
• Numerous seminars and CE