Tooling Engineer (200107) Masters, BSME, Green Belt
We are excited to present a Manufacturing Tooling Engineer specialized in new automotive model year launches, He is a Six Sigma Green Belt, has a Masters in Industrial Engineering, and a Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering which has helped him switch between production and use of lean six sigma principles. He is skilled in GD&T, PPAP, and APQP processes. He has a mixed role across manufacturing and program management and possesses a strong understanding of process engineering. Impressive track record of successfully managing multiple tool projects and delivering improvements that bring significant cost savings. Currently employed on an H1B as a Tooling Engineer but is interested in confidentially exploring a role that has less travel as he is currently away from home 4 to 5 months a year due to work.
- Develop RFQ (Request for Quote) for purchase of Injection molds, Vacuum forming tools, piercing dies, and press dies
- Create Purchase Order (PO) process, using Mapics ERP system and ensure at least 25% profit on tooling budget.
- Review/approve tooling concepts design, Mold flow Analysis, and Design for Manufacturability (DFM) before the start of fabrication,
- Perform tools trial and Design of Experiment (DOE) at the local manufacturing plant and solve final issues of tool at the plant.
- Checking parts quality on gauges with the quality team and working on Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) documents for customers.
- Construct jig and fixture for machine-side assembly.
- Make End of arm tool (EAOT),
- Create robot programming and robot integration Project
- Worked on the new model launch of 35 injection tools distributed to different vendors all over the globe
- Saved about $200k on a $3M project with the use of a multifamily tool.
- Implemented auto degating system to reduce scrap rate by 20%
Masters in Industrial Engineering
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering