Environmental Manager- EHS (122437) Green Belt/ Petrochem, Plastics, Mfg, Energy, Chemical / ChemEng / Multiple States – sites,
Environmental Professional with 20+years of experience in refinery, pipeline, and chemical operations. He is a Chemical Engineer, a Six Sigma Green Belt, a Certified Visual Emissions Reader, and an EIT. He started his career working for the California Regional Water Quality Control Board. he is experienced with working with regulatory agencies such as the EPA, TCEQ and has negotiated fine reductions up to $250k with the TCEQ to resolve compliance issues. He is skilled in all aspects of environmental permitting and amendments for Title V, NPDES, PSD, NSPS, Solid waste, Water Discharge, and more. His state experience includes working with agencies in Texas, Louisiana, Idaho, Ohio, Virginia, Kentucky, California & Georgia. He comes highly recommended and brings impressive experience and skills to the table.
- Achieved a $250,000 fine reduction by collaboratively negotiating with TCEQ enforcement staff to resolve compliance issues.
- Worked for Federal and State government agencies, including California Regional Water Quality Control Board, TCEQ and Air Force.
- Interacted with regulatory agencies such as EPA and Commissions on Environmental Quality in Europe, Asia, Canada, Mexico, and multiple US states.
- Experience leading Incident Investigations across multiple sites and using multiple methods such as Tap Root, Fault Tree and Root Cause Analysis.
- Experience in negotiating and managing enforcement action compliance, due diligence and site closure.
- Multiple Industry leadership experience; manufacturing, chemical, petrochemical, plastics, oil and gas, carbon black, energy, and municipalities.
- Leadership experience applying for and maintaining ISO 14001 Certified Environmental programs
- Experience in various site environmental media permitting processes.
- Experience with agencies in Texas, Louisiana, Ohio, Virginia, Kentucky, California & Georgia EPA, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, Idaho Department of Environmental Quality, Ohio EPA, California EPA
- Title V Emissions Permitting
- Air Permitting
- NESHAP Permitting
- PSD Permitting
- NPDES Permitting
- Solid Waste Permitting
- NSPS Permitting
- Negotiating with Regulatory Agencies
- Storage Tank Permitting
- Construction Environmental Permitting
- Wastewater Discharge Permitting
- Stack Testing
- Chemical Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Operations
- Pipeline Operations
- Refinery Operations
- Bulk Distribution Facilities
- Ammonia/ Refrigeration Facilities
- Negotiating with Regulatory Agencies
- Federal / State Reporting
- Enforcing EPA Regulations
- Environmental Compliance
- Hazardous Waste Management
- HAZCOM /HAZMAT/ HAZWOPER
- Environmental Control Plans
- Identifying compliance gaps
- Preparing Training Programs
- QHSE Compliance
- TSCA Regulations
- Team Leadership
- Multi Plant / Facility Responsibility
- Risk Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis
- Soil Pollution
- Soil Remediation
- Injection Wells
- Salt Domes / Brine Ponds – Oneok
- Spill Prevention
- Toxic Release Inventory
- State agency reporting
The University of Texas at Austin / BS Chemical Engineering, EH&S Management
AWARDS / CERTIFICATIONS RECEIVED
- Orion Environmental Health and Safety Excellence Award
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- Transportation Emergency Response Training
- ISO 9000, 14001 Auditor
- Certified Visual Emissions Reader
- EIT Certificate
What others are saying about Him….
He is one of the finest ESH Specialists I have ever had the pleasure of working with. He is a thorough and conscientious employee that is extremely knowledgeable in Environmental, Safety, and Health regulations, procedures, and systems. He provides an excellent hands-on approach and works well within all levels of an organization. Not only is He a great resource to look to for help when confronted with environmental, health, or safety issues, he is also a great mentor and teacher. He would always take time to explain situations to anyone who may seem unsure of his recommended direction. This ability to help people understand the situation more clearly makes him more than just a specialist or manager, but a leader. Carey / Environmental Team Leader — Principal Environmental Engineer – Air, Water, and Waste
He is a brilliant environmental engineer that is a technical expert as well as a skilled manager. He has the ability to take a difficult situation and execute a plan that exceeds expectations. I am privileged anytime I have a chance to work on a team with him. Norman /Director EHS
He has a great personality and is very likable. He is knowledgeable in all media and greatly so in Air. I enjoyed my time working for him as he did not Micro-Manage, but he did give clear and concise direction for any task to be completed. Roxann / Environmental Technician
He is a very knowledgeable environmental resource. He has experiences across multiple media which offer additional expertise and efficiencies. He would make an excellent engineer or corporate resource John / Process Safety Manager
He is very knowledgeable and conscientious, with a thorough understanding of the environmental regulations and how to apply them in practice at the Unit in a practical and efficient way. He was a pleasure to work with and the LAB is a better place because of him. Alan Timme / Principal Advisor, Corporate Governance at Huntsman Corporation / Alan worked with him but on different teams
He is an extremely knowledgeable guy in the field of air quality. All of my reports who worked directly under him for years in some of his previous roles have very high regard for his work ethic, his providing clear guidance on requirements and overall good nature and ease of working with. I have personally found this to be true in my interactions with him as well and will always wish him success. He will be a great asset for any company.
Sanjay Entrepreneur| Investor| Thought Leader /
He is a very thorough and detailed individual. He performs well in both individual and team environments. He was recognized by others in the company as being an environmental expert that you could go to and get a quick and accurate response. Jeff / Global Director of Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Medical and HSES Systems