Senior Chemical Process Engineer (186767) Coatings, Inks, Paints, Plastics, Pigments
Ever wished you had an Engineer that could competently do a lot of different tasks? Well, stop wishing! We are working with a Senior Chemical Engineer with 20+ years of process engineering, manufacturing, quality, and R&D experience in a broad array of plastics & chemical environments supporting the automotive recreational vehicle and commercial markets. Having worked for smaller companies, he has learned to wear a lot of hats.
His skills include compounding, mixing, and extrusion operations. He has developed pilot programs and worked closely with clients to create, improve products, and solve problems. His track record, experience, and ability to wear many hats make him a “Game Changer” candidate that can make things happen for you! He is willing to relocate and his notable experience includes:
• 20+ years of PVC plastisol and powder experience.
• 5 years Quality Control Supervisor experience.
• Customer/Supplier interface experience.
• 15 years of Automotive R&D and color matching, including Spectrophotometer experience.
• Managed projects for a variety of products including automotive, recreational vehicle, and commercial applications.
• Skilled in blending PVC slush molding compounds.
• Evaluated raw materials for cost savings or developing a second source.
• Responsible for reducing costs of flame-retardant additives.
o Project saved approximately $5,000 a week.
• Preparation of PPAP submissions for automotive approval.
• Responsible for $100,000 annual savings by introducing new raw material, reducing off quality losses.
• Analyze ink formulations to optimize consistency during preparation.
• Developed and qualified new finishing formulation resulting in cost savings and improved product quality.
• Developed new product for existing automotive customer, increasing sales by approximately $20,000/month.
• Responsible for determining color formulations for automotive approval.
• Reformulated pigment dispersions for the automotive industry.
• Introduced improved pigment dispersion technique, increasing pigment strengths as much as 60%, lowering dispersion loadings in plastisol formulations.
• Chemical Plant Operations
• Compounding Operations – Woodbridge, Uniroyal
• PVC Slush Molding Compounds
• Leading Problem-Solving Teams
• Using Statistical Process Control
• Troubleshooting Process Units
• Reducing Operation Costs
• Resolving Production Issues
• Improving Processes
• Plant Trials
• Troubleshooting Equipment
• Working with Coatings
• Working with Inks
• Working with Paints
• Working with Pigments
• Color Matching
• Screening Raw Materials
• Batch Testing
EDUCATION / TRAINING
• Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, University of Wisconsin, Madison WI / Member of Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society
• ISO9001 Auditing
• Color training – McBeth
• SPC – Woodbridge / FORD