Controls Engineer (97594) BSET / Automotive / CNC / Automation
We are pleased to present a Chicago area Controls Engineer experienced in fast-paced industrial manufacturing environments. He is a BSET who has supported and maintained a high quality of production in heavy equipment OEMs, Automotive Tier 1s and has provided technical support for Automation OEM. He is highly skilled in the development, debugging, and troubleshooting of industrial processes using a vast number of software programs. Christopher’s history also includes working with robotics and CNC equipment. He is currently working on a contract but is under-utilized and wants more! He interested in finding a permanent home where he can put his substantial automation/controls skillset to good use. This is an opportunity to build your automation/controls team bench with a skilled performer.
• Working with the Latest Allen Bradley Software, Studio 5000 V32, FactoryTalk View 11, Application Code Manager V 3.0.
• Develop HMI Screen to Support Software Features and Interfaces using Factory TalkView 11
• Integrate MEO System Rockwell PLC CIP communications with Power Management System ModBus Protocols using Prosoft Card.
• Support Field Engineer in Installing and Troubleshooting during Integration
• Contracted to work as Control Engineer, at Lear Corp; to write, maintaining, and debugging PLC ensuring continued and efficient production, quality, and safety in a high-paced manufacturing environment.
• All while working closely with Production, Maintenance, and Engineering to ensure manufacturing excellence in correlation with consumer needs.
• Write, Read, and modify PLC logic using Allen Bradley Controllers and software RSLogix 5000 & 500.
• Work with and lead a group of technicians in identifying, solving, or refining and maintenance-related issues.
• Read and modify PLC logic using Allen Bradley Controllers and Software
• Working with Electrical drawings and schematics
• Responsible for installing new
o Horizontal Machining Centers
o Vertical Machining Centers
o Cylindrical Grinding Machines
o Including all options and accessories on all machine types) in North America.
• Knowledge of leveling, checking, and adjusting the geometry of CNC machinery.
• Ability to read and modify PLC logic.
• Help write programs for Mitsubishi PLC’s and HMI’s using GX Works 2 and GT Designer
• Interfacing Electrical Equipment such as PLC’s, HMI, Drives, and etc.
• Help assist customers with any problem face with Mitsubishi Automation Equipment focusing mostly on PLC’s and HMI’s.
• Allen Bradley PLCs
• Rockwell PLCs
• Fanuc Robots
• Drive Explorer
• HMI Programming
• RSLogix5000 500 & PLC 5
• IEC 61131
• Fixed Automation
• Programmable Automation
• Automated Transfer Lines
• HMI – Human Machine Interface
• X-Ray Equipment
• Welding Robots
• Inspection Robots
• Production Inspection Robots
• CNC Machines
• Installing new Horizontal Machining Centers, Vertical Machining Centers, and Cylindrical Grinding Machines
• Debugging and Troubleshooting of Programs
• Rolling Mill Automation
• Connecting VFD to control networks.
• Control System Design
• Documentation Packages
• Drive Configuration
• Equipment Design
• Trouble Shooting
• System Analysis and Design
• Microsoft Visual Studios
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electronics Engineering and Technology / DeVry University,