Supply Chain Leadership (74278) MBA, CPIM, Mfg, Distribution, Logistics
I can’t tell you how excited we are to be working with a highly accomplished Supply Executive with extensive experience in the automotive, building product, distribution, 3PL, consumer goods, and plastics industries. He has an MBA and is a registered CPIM.
He has an incredible track record of reducing supply chain costs by an average of 22.7% WITHOUT INTERRUPTING the flow of goods and services to customers. His career cost savings delivered equals $93M to date for companies like Cooper Tire, Volvo, and MASCO. Paul is skilled in WMS and ERP systems.
His broad experience in multiple industries including production, operations, and supply chain provides him a massive advantage in understanding how to fix broken operations and optimize others!
He has optimized the supply chain for smaller companies up to supporting a complex large company with 70+ individual operating divisions and 300+ manufacturing plants and 200 distribution centers! He is confidentially seeking a new opportunity and is open to most geographies! He is single, renting, and ready to go! His notable experience includes:
• $497,000 INCREASE in sales by creating and implementing a new logistics strategy.
• $317,000 IMPROVEMENT in manufacturing efficiencies by implementing work cells.
• $278,000 REDUCTION in costs by creating and spearheading a new system in the manufacturing process.
• Hired to lead and optimize the management of nine 3 PL distribution centers encompassing healthcare, CPG, and Industrial products.
• $4.3M REVENUE Generated by creating and implementing a turnaround strategy for a failing distribution center.
• 42.3% REDUCTON in costs by deploying new and unique logistics strategies.
• Responsible for strategic planning of supply chain, distribution, and logistics, including facility design, material handling, sourcing & procurement, labor performance, training, and logistics.
Championed the turnaround of assembly operations holding Kaizen events that resulted in the reduction of assembly lines from seven to five, improving ergonomics, safety, and improving efficiency by 30%.
• Delivered $1.6M+ savings by renegotiating contracts with the top 20 suppliers, outsourcing outbound transportation, bringing samples production in house, and cutting headcount.
• Supply Chain for 4 operating divisions / 6 DCs
• Provided corporate support as an internal consultant and strategic partner in crafting supply-chain solutions to solve diverse business challenges at Corporate HQ as well as the company’s 70+ individual operating divisions and 300+ manufacturing plants and 200 distribution centers.
o Managed projects which included strategic initiatives directly with 40 of company’s divisions
• Delivered savings while reducing cycle time as much as 20% by forging and leveraging strategic partnerships with global logistics companies (i.e., FedEx, UPS, and Yellow Freight).
• Directed the $34M construction of two domestic distribution centers in North Carolina and Tennessee with a combined capacity of 934,000 sq. ft.
• Negotiated the $6M purchase of conveyor and warehouse racking systems.
• Delivered $16M in capital expenditure cost avoidance (identifying savings in labor, engineering, and construction) with an examination of a business case to construct a manufacturing campus in China.
• Decreased warehousing costs 20% within 12 months.
• Closed three non-critical facilities and led build-out of a 450K sq. ft. distribution center for west coast operations.
• Procured $600M+ in yearly spend, taking advantage of emerging markets and cutting procurement costs 20%+ by identifying viable offshore suppliers in China, Mexico, and Europe
• Reduced shipping costs by 25% by developing and reviewing RFQs and negotiating with freight forwarders and
• Manufacturing Supply Chain
• Turnarounds and Start-Ups
• Procurement (Direct & Indirect)
• Multi-site Distribution Center Management
• Providing Millions In Cost Reduction
• Improving Efficiencies
• Capital Expenditure Cost Avoidance
• Renegotiating Contracts
• Production / Operations
• Cutting Procurement Costs
• IT (WMS & ERP) Systems Selection & Implementation
• JD Edwards
• Red Prairie
• Manhattan WMS
• Lean Processes
• 20 Years Supply Chain
• Variance Analysis
• Root Cause Analysis
• Inventory Controls
• Local Market Warehouses
• Performance Metrics
• Global Sourcing
• Contract Negotiations
• Developing Supply Chain Strategy
• Shipping / Receiving
• Global Supply Chain Optimization
• Strategic Sourcing
• Project Management
• Facility Planning, Layout & Utilization
• Six Sigma, Kaizen & Lean Methodologies
• Vendor Rationalization
• Distribution Centers
• Production Inventory Management
• Multiple site / Division Supply Chain
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
• MBA, INDIANA-WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY
• BS, Personnel-Industrial Relations, PURDUE UNIVERSITY,
• Certification in Production and Inventory Management, (CPIM), APICS