VP Manufacturing / Plant (163977)
We are pleased to present a proven Chemical Manufacturing Executive with strong business, strategic, and operational acumen. He has an MBA and is a Certified Project Manager and has completed professional development courses in Quality, Aseptic Manufacturing, and Leadership. He is recognized for delivering value through management of risk, allocation of resources, and the development of high performing teams. He is currently employed as the VP of Manufacturing for a large manufacturing / distribution company but would be interested in exploring opportunities where he would he could be focused solely on chemical manufacturing operations. His skills, education, and experience with a demonstrated history of successfully leading people, creating positive change, and implementing solutions make him an excellent Leadership candidate for any chemical company looking to raise the bar! His experience includes:
• Reduced set-up times by 40% and increased total output by 50% by developing and leveraging training, process, and procedural improvements and outsourcing partnerships
• Implemented process enhancements resulting in set-up time reduction of 40%.
• Developed projects and initiatives to increase site capacity by 35% in 6 months including people, process, and equipment changes and improvements.
• Responsible for developing strategies to address backorder situation
o Reduced backorder by 90% in 6 months.
• Site leader for balanced scorecard development, metrics, and operational excellence/lean six sigma project in support of achieving targeted improvements.
• Project leader executing quality and supply agreements, auditing and qualifying suppliers, and created internal processes to manage outsourcing.
o Initiative led to an increase in production by 15% and maintained profit margins at internal levels.
• Subject matter expert on key business development initiatives, including liquid unit dose cups, RFID tagging, serialization, animal health product packaging, and various fee-for-service projects.
• Built an engineering staff to support 9 filling and packaging lines producing over 300 million bottles annually.
• Responsible for site-wide implementation of OEE including training, visual factory aspects, continuous improvement process and focused Kaizen activities
o Resulting in increase of OEE by 5% with an increase in quality and reduction in direct labor variance.
Developed new internal process to allow for unused funding from completed projects to flow back into general capital
o Resulting in net gain of 12.5% in CapEx.
• Developed comprehensive cost analysis for new green field liquid manufacturing site within 10 days.
• Implemented zero-based budget resulting in
o 50% reduction in capital expenditure requests
o 20% reduction in cost center expenses.
o Completed $250MM facility expansion.
• Implementation of ideas resulted in OEE increase from 50% to 60% in a small batch size / high change-over environment.
o Changes to set-up resulted in 95% reduction in scrap.
• High Volume Continuous Manufacturing Operations
• Blending Operations
• Packaging Operations
• Unit Dose Manufacturing
• Coating Manufacturing Operations
• Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
• Soap / Detergent Manufacturing
• Cosmetics Manufacturing
• Vitamin / Supplement Manufacturing
• Batch Manufacturing
• Subject Matter Expert On Compounding
• Turning Around Non-Performing Plants
• Setting Up A Plant / Greenfield Site
• Continuous Improvement Projects
• Implementing Continuous Improvement
• Culture & Change Management
• Implementing LEAN Processes
• Implementing Six Sigma Methods
• Increasing Production Capacity
• Meeting Manufacturing Delivery Targets
• Increasing Throughput
• Reducing Scrap
• Resolving Production Bottlenecks / Problems
• Holding Kaizen Events
• Holding Kanban Events
• WIP Inventory Management
• Calculating Production / Labor/ Material Costs
• Delivering Cost Reduction
• Exceeding KPI Targets
Masters of Business Administration (MBA),
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Business Administration,
Graduate of The Philip Cosby Associate’s Quality College
Parental Drug Association Aseptic Manufacturing Course
Certified Project Manager (Xavier University)
Leadership Development Program (Penn State Executive Programs)