Sales VP / Business Operations (67515) Automotive
I think of Elite Special Forces when speaking about this “Game Changer”! Like a Special Forces Operator – this results-oriented Senior Automotive Parts Sales and Operations Executive has 20+ years of experience of killing it within highly competitive market spaces! He has a strong track record of developing and building successful leadership teams, launching new products and strategies, increasing profitability, and building a profitable business in challenging highly competitive markets. His demonstrated ability to drive innovation and growth utilizing expertise in established Industrial Distribution companies is rarely seen. He has excellent P&L Management, Sales Management, Strategic Planning, Operations, and Customer Service skills. He builds strong relationships while creating lasting individual and business alliances. This high horsepower leader can improve your sales and distribution operations while blowing up your EBITDA! Call us now to make this awesome connection!
• Develop and implement critical corporate and regional strategies to improve revenues and drive stakeholder value. Direct 5 Region Managers, 16 locations, a field sales force and 2 U.S. Call Centers with responsibility for P&L, budgeting, operations, staff recruiting and development.
• Promoted to headquarters role as part of succession planning and company reorganization to train for role as VP Sales & Branch Operations with responsibility for $330M+ of revenue, 150+ sales reps and 66 branch locations.
• Directly manage $85M+ in sales, representing 25+% of total sales as 1 of 4 Region VPs.
Took over non-performing region to repair business and reverse loss trend; moved region into black in fiscal year 1; achieved 8% sales growth in year 2 (company sales grew by 2%).
Reduced overhead costs by $1M+ through headcount, location, and service rationalization to eliminate waste while increasing service levels to customers.
During COVID uncertainty revamped value proposition, leading to modest sales declines but explosive EBITDA aiding in January 2021 sales of the company;
Launched and guide company-wide prospecting program, driving $10M+ annualized revenue gains.
Piloted now nation-wide program to convert delivery network from largely outsourced practice to in-house driver program, resulting in savings and enhanced customer experience.
Executive lead on decision and implementation team of first CRM strategy and tools, as well as pricing optimization software.
Developed and implemented new systems and programs to improve integration with parent company, including ERP system, sale structures, compensation plan, and eCommerce.
Revamped sales representative compensation program to maximize growth behaviors.
Implemented customer rewards program, driving brand awareness of private label line and solidifying repeat business.
International: achieved 18% increase on focus products via upselling; negotiated with a major client to retain business representing 40% of volume
Started as Region Vice President, managing 11 branches and generating $59M in revenues; grew responsibility from 11 to 36 branches and 3 call centers, proportionately increasing customer base.
Increased gross margin by 400 basis points and EBITDA by 200 basis points.
• Directly involved in acquisition initiatives, M&A analyses, and decisions: acquired number 3 competitors (2013-2014) and 2 additional companies (2012-2013); developed and implemented integration strategies.
• Pioneered CRM tracking tools to effectively manage sales growth – now utilized companywide.
• Initiated (2009) new distribution platform via 3 PL program, enabling green-field of 2 markets (not otherwise able to support physical presence) and conversion of existing location; all 3 grew to rank among highest EBITDA growth percentage in the company.
Grew market from inception to $10M in 3 years.
• Increased average sales volume per new account by 150% and average margin by 40%.
• Generated $2M+ in recurring annual contract manufacturing sales with zero bad debt.
• Coordinated overseas manufacturing for all divisions (auto, HVAC, and leisure equipment).
• Participated in developing strategies to achieve national presence; coordinated process to grow from 3 to 12 distribution locations, supporting over 6,000 store locations via both greenfield and M&A activities.
• Generated and implemented a strategic plan to introduce the flagship product line into 62 distribution centers and 6,000+ store locations.
- Automotive Parts
- Multi-site Branch Operations
- Distribution Warehouse Operations
- Business Logistics
- Operational Excellence
- Operations Management
- New Markets Development
- Business Development
- Sales Management
- Exceptional Customer Service
- International Sales
- Taking Market Share
- Market Development
- Developing Marketing Campaigns
- Competitive Analysis
- Business Modeling / Planning
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Strategy
- P&L Management
- Pricing Strategy
- Increasing Profits / EBITDA
- Cost Reduction
- C-Level Interactions
- Change Management
- Developing Leaders
- Cross-functional Team Leadership
- Continuous Improvement
- Process Improvement
- Product Development / Management
- Executive Level Management
- Emotional Intelligence
- Managing High-growth
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Working With Private Equity
- Winning Negotiations
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Strategic M&A
- Strategic Planning
EDUCATION / TRAINING
Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance
Sandler Sales Institute Training Value Selling Workshop
GPC Sales Pro
GPC Star Management Program
Karass Negotiating Seminar
Corporate Leadership Development