Quality Manager (206827) Green Belt, CQA, BS Mgmnt & AS Electronics Engineering
If you need to raise your product quality, improve your audit findings and SAVE MONEY? Then look no further! We are working with a results-oriented Quality Leader who has a strong track record of saving his employers money while improving quality and processes! HE is skilled in PPAP, APQP, auditing, quality control, reliability/maintainability predictions, safety assessments, training, shipping/receiving, and manual/procedure development.
He is a CQA Certified Quality Leader and a Six Sigma Green Belt. This Quality Leader effectively manages and supports all personnel including engineers and auditors. Having him leading your plant quality team ensures operational improvement and excellence! He has just come on the market and is actively looking for a new opportunity! His manufacturing quality experience is across several industries and he brings this breadth of experience and success with him! His notable experience includes:
• Supervised and trained five supplier quality engineers/auditors and six receiving inspection personnel, effectively reducing inspection escapes and increased part acceptance.
• Reduced department supplier audit-related expenses by 30% through creation and implementation of certified supplier program also increasing receiving inspection acceptance rate to 99.96%.
• Led team to achieve AS9100C quality management certification in 2011.
• Created ISO process audit matrix enabling effective use of time and reduction of process-related audit findings by 43% average per year.
• Saved countless hours of inspection time, repackaging, and moving material by spearheading the dock-to-stock program for qualified suppliers.
• Ensure tool calibrations are conducted and tracked to prevent any out-of-date tool usage.
• Through intensive management, reduced the percentage of supplier non-conformances year-to-date to less than 0.02 percent of lots received.
• Established a Superior Supplier Award Program for suppliers with exceptional quality and on-time-deliver ratings.
• Reviewed all nonconforming material (MRB) for the correctness of reject criteria and implemented corrective action to determine root cause and short/long term corrective actions.
• Issued quality alerts and CARs.
• Maintained calibration and quality management system databases.
• Monitored warranty requests, and investigated and determined whether CAR was required.
• Reduced customer complaints by hands-on inspection and monitoring of finished units.
• Identified suppliers with PPM rates above minimum acceptance level and initiated corrective action to reduce the number of negative impacts on the manufacturing process.
• Qualified and audited suppliers, monitored process data and yields to create metrics, and implement corrective action and process improvements.
• Reduced old MRB by 95% within two months through intensive hands-on management and timely disposition of material and/or deviation and waiver approvals.
• Led CPI efforts to reduce supplier-related audit expenses by 30% by using metrics and receiving inspection data to adjust supplier audit schedules.
• Educated inspectors on how to cross-section and inspect circuit boards reducing inspection escapes and MFG lost time due to nonconforming material.
• Implemented a certified supplier program to reduce inspection requirements and supplier audit-related expenses by 30%.
• Spearheaded dock-to-stock program increasing availability of the material by 20%.
• Administered enhancements in the quality management system (TIPQA) streamlining the MRB process and reducing turnaround time from weeks to two or three days.
• B.S., Management UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND, College Park, Maryland
• HVAC, Drake State Community College, 12 semester hours
• Quality Classes, Calhoun Community College, 33 semester hours
• Test & Evaluation, Defense Acquisition University, 18 CLP
• Certified Electrical Instrument Repairer (Journeyman), US Department of Labor
• Community College of the Air Force, Electronics, 46 Semester Hours
• AS, Electronics Engineering Technology
• CQA / Certified Quality Auditor, 2013
• Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence, 2012
• ISO Auditor, 2010
• Six Sigma Green Belt, Arizona State University, 2006