Operations Leader (206549) MBA, Naval Academy Engineer / Green Belt, CQM / Automotive, Heavy Truck, and Defense
High-performing Georgia Operations leader with over 20+ years of experience in manufacturing, operations, and supply chain management within the Automotive, Heavy Truck, and Defense industries. He has an MBA and a Bachelors in Engineering from the US Naval Academy. He is also a Six Sigma Green Belt and a CQA Certified Quality Manager. His plant experience includes machining, heat treating, coating, assembly, and quality operations. In his early career, he coordinated supply chain management and Oracle ERP training, for a privately-held consulting firm focused on supply chain management and ERP training solutions. This multifaceted manufacturing leader delivers results and has the track record to back it up! He is available after are reorganization eliminated his role.
• SUPPORTIVE PRODUCTION LEADER proficient at leading diverse teams towards delivering major continuous process improvements, matching safety standards, and producing on-time deliverables that meet customer requirements.
• Successfully ran the Abaco System’s manufacturing plant by attaining $110 million in annual revenue, managing an annual plant budget of $8 million, and by orchestrating the activities of eight direct & 175 matrixed reports.
• Reduced $1.32 million in overhead costs for Abaco System Inc. by performing value-stream mapping to all processes and reducing steps that added no value and could be executed more efficiently through automation or subcontracting
• Successfully ran a two-location unit for ITW Sexton, a Fortune 500 manufacturer. Attained $41 million in sales volume, managed an annual budget of $3 million, and guided 14 direct & 150 matrixed reports
• Reduced low-quality components arriving on the production floor by over 95% and increased the first-pass yield from 85.3% to 97.9% by designing strategies for establishing highly effective control of the receiving supplies
• Increased the production efficiency and reduced overtime hours by rescheduling the working hours from structure 3/5/8 to structure 2/4/10 (shifts, days, and hours); enabled four hours in between shifts for maintenance controls
• Supported Mercury Systems, Inc. in virtually passing an AS9100D audit during the COVID-19 pandemic, after being with the company for less than two months. Applied the same strategy for the office located in San Jose, California, successfully helping the office pass the audit virtually due to the COVID-19 travel restrictions.
• Reduced NPI (New Product Introduction) building times from two months to under three weeks by introducing a local manufacturing solution that saved over $36,000 and eliminated the need for a new production line worth over $10 million
• Developed departmental KPI’s that enabled continuous improvements in quality for all departments, finding new ways to reduce costs to exceed customer metrics, and efficiently supporting corporate financial targets
• Attained 8% in cost reduction by implementing three continuous improvement initiatives and projects based on the 5S method for workplace organization and reducing the number of recordable accidents within the facility
• Cooperated with State and local officials for expanding the facility’s footprint and introducing a new production line
- MBA Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain |
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering | United States Naval Academy | Annapolis, MD
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Lean Certified
- Certified Quality Manager