Finance Manager / Controller (205895) Chemical, Refinery / Turnarounds/ Supply Chain Certified
This Financial Change Leader gets results! He has an acute ability to identify value drivers and assess risks. He collaborates with stakeholders to apply strong financial controls that bring millions of dollars in value for the business.
He has designed financial and operational continuous process improvements that optimize performance, financial accuracy, and compliance for Companies like Shell and Hess Corporation. This award-winning leader has added hundreds of millions of dollars to project values in complex fiscal regimes. He is highly skilled in Finance, Accounting, Capital Budget Management, Joint ventures, and International Fiscal Regimes.
Onboarded three major Asset Acquisitions valued at $1.5B,
• Facilitated monthly close cycles for the accounting for asset acquisitions, reclassification, depletion/depreciation/amortization,
• Conducted financial analysis and prepared comprehensive financial projections and capital forecasts/budgets to formulate strategic financial plans in the best interest of the company.
• Supported Audit Requests and Tax Reporting requirements, with no Noncompliant findings during tenure.
• Managed a $400M+ Department Budget, which included lease acquisitions, geoscience studies, drilling programs, seismic purchases and acquisitions, overheads, lease rentals, and nonproducing leasehold amortizations.
Designed and Deployed Process Improvements and Financial Best Practices to improve operational efficiency, capture cost savings, and enhance accuracy levels in operations.
Optimized the Accuracy of Financial Records in Relation to Joint Venture (JV) Work Plans and Budgets,
o Aligned Corporate Financial Strategies with Technical Capabilities in Spending/Reporting/Tracking to Enhance Operational Efficiencies and Reduce G&A Expenses of project AFEs, PRs/POs, and invoices.
o Provided Monthly Reports to Senior Management
• Reduced Noncompliant Findings by 70% and Maximized Cash Flow via the Joint Venture Billings Impact.
Actively Managed Risk Assessment
Utilized Management of Change, Contingency Release, and Value Assurance Review (VAR) processes
• Added $350M+ to the Value of the Project/JV by optimizing contracting structures under the Brazilian REPETRO tax regime.
• Led team of 3 FTEs that administered budgets for Capital, Overhead, Special Projects, Internal Service Providers, R&D, Feasibility expenses, & affiliate billings
• Enhanced Controls around Capital Projects and Fixed Assets to ensure SOX compliance.
• Increased Capital Budget Funding Six-fold and subsequent financial performance by providing strong economic support for development opportunities
• Formalized a Strategic Plan by Leading the Senior Management through the Process, which was non-existent prior to this exercise;
• Improved Cash Flow by $26M via the Establishment of Strong Controls around Government Partner Receivables
• Enhanced Operational Efficiency in Cash Flow Funding by Developing Cash Flow/P&L Models to Manage Crude Price Premises.
- ERP: SAP, Quorum, IDEAS
- Cost Accounting
- Creating Cash Flow Scenarios
- Ad hoc Reporting/Planning/Analysis
- Business Unit Consolidations / Divestitures
- Joint Ventures
- Business Turnarounds
- Maximizes ROI
- Financial Forecasting
- Advising Senior Management on Corrective Actions
- Tracking / Reporting Special Projects
- Project Finance
- Creating Drill Down Reports
- Implementing/Enforcing Internal Controls
- SOX/Sarbanes Oxley
- Training Operations Managers on P&L
- Contract Management
- Evaluating Variances
- Budgeting for CAPEX
- Running “What If” scenarios
- Provides Insight on Key Drivers of Performance
- Performing Financial Analysis
- Inventory Valuation / Inventory Management
- Transfer Pricing
- Internal Auditing
- Developing Corporate Financial Projections
- Projecting Economic Outlook
- Keeping Plant Operations on Budget
- Data Imports from Business Segments
- Capital Vs. Expense Decision-Making
- Forensic Accounting
- Identifying Opportunities for Continuous Improvement
- Monitor / Enforce Internal Controls
- Accounts Receivable/ Payable
Bachelor Of Arts (B.A.): Accounting, Minor: Finance
Associate Of Arts (A.A.): Banking
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Professional Certificate in Supply Chain Management – Arizona State University
• Finance in Projects – University of Queensland
• Global Finance – University of Texas