Mechanical Design Engineer (225269) Automotive OEM, Tier 1 / Willing to Relo
Mechanical Design Engineer with 20+ years of experience designing instrument panels, consoles, door trim, and other products for FORD, Rousch, and Toyota. He has a track record of solving design problems with fit, finish, and assembly. He has worked with a variety of plastics used in products for consumer goods, automotive, and medical applications. He recently completed a contract and is interested in exploring a new opportunity. His technical, plastics, design, and industry experience make him a strong candidate for any manufacturing team. He is willing to relocate. His notable experience includes:
• CATIA V5 Engineering Designer
• Engineer and design overhead console for GM.
• Design tools for the manufacturing of these filters.
• Led teams in building prototype instrument panels, consoles, and door trim,
• Built Mustang instrument panels, consoles, and door trim for the 2017 model.
• Built F150 instrument panels, consoles, and door trim for the 2017 model.
• Worked with production suppliers/tool sources to solve tooling issues prior to production.
• Built/Heavily modified DV instrument panels for multiple vehicle lines.
• Worked with production to get tools modified for a prototype build for Mustang door trim and changed back for production.
• Led teams using CATIA V5 in A-surface, part design, tooling feasibility, the release of drawings for production, packaging components in instrument panels and consoles, and design for assembly.
• Managed eight designers.
• Redesigned Ford Focus console in three months’ time to meet production deadline. The normal timeframe is two years.
o Ran testing on the design to determine the reliability
o Participated in brainstorming sessions with the team to solve durability issue
o Designed and developed prototype tools for submitting to vendor
o Determined feasibility for assembly to resolve building issue
o Had parts hand-fabricated by a third-party vendor to verify suitability for the project
• Improved quality by 15% and part-fit on tool refurbishing project for Crown Victoria instrument panel.
• Conducted fit-and-finish checks on mating components
• Performed design, assembly, and tooling feasibility on new model programs.
• Managed all current model design teams at the Saline, Michigan plastic parts manufacturing plant.
• Saved 20% by implementing ideas from cost-reduction teams
• Product Design
• Injection Molding Tooling Design
• Designing Injection Molds
• Automotive Plastic Components
• Medical Plastic Component
• Consumer Goods Plastic Components
• Material Testing
• Reverse Engineering
• Part Feasibility
• Testing Molds
• Interacting With Client Engineers
• Investigating New Technologies
• Developing Molding Processes
• Developing New Solutions With Existing Technology
• Providing Input On New Or Alternative Materials
• Understands the function of all standard mold components.
• Updating Existing Molds
• Experimental Designs
• Mold Design Layouts
• Single Cavity Injection Mold
• Multi Cavity Injection Mold
• 2 Plate Injection Mold
• Collaborating With Client Engineers
• SPC Statistical Process Control
• Improving Design, manufacturability, or cost reduction.
• Tolerance Analysis
• Tooling Trials
• Providing Engineering Support
• Injection Molding Processes
• Engineering Change Requests
• Troubleshooting Dies
• Safety Operating Process Manuals
• 3D Modeling Software
• Solidworks Plastics Standard
• Acrylic (PMMA)
• Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
• Nylon (Polyamide, PA)
• Polycarbonate (PC)
• Polyethylene (PE)
• Polypropylene (PP)
• Polystyrene (PS)
• Teamcenter Engineering Software
• CATIA V5 Solid modeling software
• IDEAS/SDRC Solid modeling software
• W.E.R.S. World Engineering Release System
• Advanced PDGS surface software
• ICEM Surf, Class A-surface development software
• Design for Assembly Class
• Design for Manufacturing Class
• GD&T, Geometric Dimensioning, and Tolerance