VP Engineering – Operations (161886) PE / Green Belt / Patent Holder / Will Relocate
We are working with a Confidential VP Chemical Engineering and Operations Leader with 20+ years of experience. He is a PE Professional Engineer and a Six Sigma Green Belt. He also holds two US Patents. He has achieved a long history of impressive process improvements using his lean and six sigma tools. His impressive experience includes products and processes related to the coatings, specialty chemicals, personal care, and CMP industries. He is selectively looking at new leadership opportunities!
Call me us at 724 814 3791 or email at email@example.com to start this conversation
VP Engineering & Operations Leadership Chemical Manufacturing/ PE / Six Sigma Green Belt / Patent Holder #161866 – Will relocate
- Chemical product formulation and scale-up.
- Applied Lean Six-Sigma methods
- Reduced unit costs for filling operations by a factor of 2.5x within three months after start-up.
- Increased throughput by 2x.
- Annualized savings of $500k
- Implemented Lean throughout Operations, increasing speed and flexibility.
- Since 2009, these efforts brought in an increase in revenue of 80%, with significantly improved margins,
- Cash flow breakeven point was lowered from $17M to $13M
- Reduced lead-times 30-50%, and on-time delivery >95%.
- Managed Six-Sigma project to reduce product lead-times.
- Delivered lead-time reduction of 30%
- Saved over $100k by fully implemented 5S and visual controls.
- This reduced warehouse floor-space requirements 25%.
- Championed and led a Six-Sigma project to reduce operating costs.
- Saved $200k in 2014 and an additional $100k savings in 2015
- Improved cycle times 5-10% on various processes by application of Six-Sigma projects.
- Specialty Chemical Manufacturing Operations
- Batch Manufacturing Operations
- Blending Operations
- Toll Manufacturing
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Inorganic Chemicals
- Pigment Manufacturing
- Cosmetics Manufacturing
- Electronic Chemical Manufacturing
- Setting Up A Plant / Brownfield Site
- Implementing Continuous Improvement
- Implementing LEAN Processes
- Improving Manufacturing Processes
- Leading Continuous Improvement
- 5S / 6S Methods
- Using Six Sigma Tools
- Holding Staff Accountable
- Developing / Mentoring Subordinates
- Using Plant Visual Systems
- Process Optimization
- Process Troubleshooting
- Reducing Scrap
- Removing Production Bottlenecks
- Holding Kanban Events
- Increasing Production Capacity
- Increasing Throughput
- Identifying Capacity Requirements
- BS Chemical Engineering with Honors
Certifications and Publications
- Professional Engineer – PE
- Six-Sigma Green Belt, Northern Illinois University
- Supply Chain Management , Kellogg School Executive Programs, Northwestern University
- The Science of Lean Six-Sigma, Kellogg School Executive Programs, Northwestern University
- 5S and Visual Controls, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- WTG Ignite session presentation “Where we are at, and where we are going with respect to LEAN”
- Dreamforce breakout session presentation “Our Journey toward Cloud ERP”
- AiChE Presentation “Industrial Scale Processes for Nanomaterials to Enable Commercial Applications”