Chemical Production Engineer (141779)
We are working with a Chicago area Chemical Manufacturing / Engineering Leader with 25 years of experience. He has a BS in Chemical Engineering and is Six Sigma trained. He has been assigned and successfully completed multiple large capital expenditure projects or plant and equipment installations. He has put in chemical operations from scratch. His experience includes blending and batch operations for chemicals and paint.
If you have a need for a proven performer for your chemical plant operations than let’s connect quickly before he is gone. Please give me a call or email at email@example.com to discuss a possible fit with your organization
Senior Chemical Engineer #141779 Chicago Area
- Responsible for the manufacturing process development for new product introductions. Minimized secondary operating costs, material waste, and reduced labor expenses. On target to save $750K with an ROI of 1.35 years.
- Partnered with internal resources and outside contractors on the installation of a one of a kind steel pipe vertical hanging powder coating line to eliminate annual outside coating costs by $2M.
- Evaluate the non-moving storeroom inventory. This resulted in just under a 15% reduction in costs of $725K.
- Engaged and aligned team with manufacturing and maintenance to create a strong continuous improvement mindset on the small mills. Delivering a three-year reduction in downtime from 32% to 16%.
- Led a technical team in the selection and installation of a $16M facility and processing line for cleaning rust and scale off carbon steel coils with hydrochloric acid for in-house and offering of outside sales as well. Achieved start-up one month early and turned a profit in under 12 months.
- Partnered with several paint companies to meet the EPA emissions reduction for VOCs and HAPS in coatings. Took advantage of the opportunity to improve coatings while saving costs by 25%.
- B.S., Chemical Engineering
- Paint Manufacturing – Valspar
- Chemical Manufacturing – Enterprise Paint
- Pigment Manufacturing – Valspar
- Resin Manufacturing – Valspar
- Soap / Detergent Manufacturing – Enterprise Paint
- Coating Manufacturing Operations
- Batch Manufacturing Operations
- Blending Operations – Enterprise Paint
- Team Leadership (108)
- Increasing Production Capacity
- Identifying Capacity Requirements
- Increasing Throughput
- Implementing LEAN Processes
- Holding Kaizen & Kanban Events
- Implementing Six Sigma Methods
- Leading Continuous Improvement
- Process Optimization
- Process Troubleshooting
- Reducing Scrap